Linking up here… Wanna join in?
I had every intention of making this post last night, and even started a list in my head, but I had a terrible time getting Mary to go to sleep, so I ended up just putting her in bed with me until 1:30 a.m.
- My brother-in-law. Matt ran a bunch of errands with me between the last two snowfalls. It was nice to have someone drive me around.
- Hobby Lobby. If you’re not fortunate enough to live in this part of the country, you might not know the awesomeness of Hobby Lobby. I’m sorry.
- Maternity pants. I’m only about ten pound over my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still wear my maternity sweatpants on a near daily basis. They are comfy!
- Baby clothes. I just went through all of Mary’s clothes and put a bunch aside to take to my folks’ house. (That’s where we keep all the kids’ clothes for the next person to borrow.) It’s a little sad to put some of her outfits away, but I have fun looking at their cuteness.
- Betty. I have had some weird issues with our dog since Mary was born. Basically, she annoys me. The biggest offenders: nuzzling me like crazy while I’m nursing Mary and waking me up at night because she needs to go out or because she is just being noisy. BUT…Betty is a great, great dog. I made a list of things to accomplish this week and one of them is “Be positive about/towards Betty.” I think deliberately trying to change my attitude has helped. 🙂
- My sewing machine! It is probably the best gift Mark has ever given me. Except maybe for my engagement ring. And our baby. And the tandem bike. And, well, he’s a great gift-giver.
- Coffee. I’ve never been a huge coffee drinker, and can easily go for months without it, but it’s been a refreshing drink (hot or cold) these past couple weeks.
- Printed photographs. It’s pretty rare for me to order actual prints of photos, and I liked flipping through the ones I ordered at Walgreens this week. I had bought my grandma a little magnetic frame that looks like a Polaroid picture (she still uses a Polaroid every year at Christmas!) and wanted a photo of Mary to put in it. Since I needed to order one photo, I just went ahead and got fifty. 🙂
- Disposable diapers. Yes, we use cloth, but lately I’ve had to resort to disposable at night to prevent leaks. I need to research and buy a cloth diaper for night, but until then, I’m thankful disposables work!
- Tomato soup and grilled cheese. And this song. Oh, Owen, how you remind me of college.