New Year’s Resolutions? Eh. People usually fail at them, right? Well, I’m going to make resolutions before each month instead.
January 2011 Resolutions
- Drink only one non-water beverage a day. I had a very fleeting thought about giving up all drinks except for water for the entire year, and quickly realized I’d fail. I have a slushy Diet Dr Pepper already waiting for me tomorrow at work, and we frequently have tempting drink mixes made up in our fridge. Then I thought maybe I’d go water-only for Lent. But why wait? And why make it so hard? It’s all about small steps, right?
- Work out 15 days. Yes, at first, the goal was a little loftier. Run 15 days. I will try to run for most of those days, but if I have to use the elliptical, I’ll still be doing good.
- Track every expense. I used to be so good at tracking our money and would love to get back into it. Actually, it’s very important that I get back into it. Since we’re losing my income, we really need to adjust how we spend.
- Complete two sewing projects. My husband got me a sewing machine (my first!) for Christmas, and I don’t want it to gather dust. I already know what I’d like to make first.
- Fix our clothing situation. UGRHGJRHGJHHRF. I feel like I have been living among piles of laundry (usually clean, actually) for months and months. We either have too many clothes or not the proper storage. Or both.