I found this and want to join in. 🙂 It’s always a good time to be thankful.
- My job. I’ve been back to work (part-time) for two weeks, and while it’s had its stressful moments and I miss my baby, I am thankful for the opportunity to work and earn money.
- My daughter’s grandmothers. My mom and my mother-in-law have both taken the time and effort (they both live about two hours away!) to come baby-sit over the weekends that I have worked. Without them, I wouldn’t be back at work.
- Modern medicine. In a few hours, I’ll be taking little Mary to the cardiologist. I’m so glad that there is the technology to check on her heart, the medicine to keep her symptoms in check, and a surgery in the future that will cure her.
- Nice weather. Not only has it been lovely out, but the nice temps keep our electric and natural gas bill low. 🙂
- Emotions. My moods have been a little extreme this week, but I must admit I like getting mad occasionally, crying once in a while, and of course, I love being happy, content, and at peace. I got to experience all of those lately.
- My husband. Seriously, the best man ever.
- Mary’s hands. She grips me when I hold her now and plays with my shirt when I nurse. Basically, she makes me melt.
- PJ pants. If I’m at home, they’re on.
- A full social calendar. Hosted a birthday dinner for a friend at our home Saturday night, organized a small Thanksgiving feast at church tonight. Well, I didn’t really host or organize. My super husband, his super mother and super brother did 99.9% of the work.
- Deals. Got this for 13.99 plus tax minus 15%. Awesome. Actually I bought four of them. And might buy more. One’s for the baby and the others are to donate to here – a.k.a. the best place in the world.